To shred or not to shred?
You have probably asked yourself that question before. Whether you have a business or personal documents, there are policies that dictate their retention time.
Why do you need a document retention policy/plan (DRP)?
- You must keep documents for a specific period of time pursuant to federal, state or local laws.
- With DRP you will be able to easily locate important documentation and free up space by destroying useless paperwork.
- A good DRP will aid you in any litigation that might arise.
What are the steps?
- Categorize the documents you produce, both physical and electronic.
- Decide how long the documents should be kept by downloading this pdf
- Choose safe storage options for your documents (you can back-up the documents electronically or find a proper facility)
- Do not simply sell your old business computers and hard-drives.
- Make sure you destroy your documents using a method that renders them unreadable.
Shredding on the Go guarantees secure destruction of your sensitive documents and customer satisfaction. Fill out this form to get a free quote and see how we can help you get rid of useless documents and free up space.